Monday, January 16, 2012

Social Awareness (LATE)

I'm doing my picture book on Cancer. I got into this topic by Sako and the 1,000 Paper Cranes it's a book about a girl in the 50's in Japan. It's been about 10 years after the bombing in Japan. Sako is an up beat and active little girl who joins a race at her school, she begins to feel strange and something heavey on her chestm She is taken to a hospital and it turns out she got radioactive poisinig from the bombing which means she has cancer. Her friend tells her that if you make 1,000 paper crnes the gods will grant you health. Sako ends at 600 before she dies in her bed with her family around her. I cried for too long, still writing this i'm crying (for real).  Felt that now i needed to write a book on having cancer. This topic is too importnat for me to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment